ENTHRONEMENT OF THE SACRED HEART WITHIN THE INDIVIDUAL CLASSROOM FOR INSTITUTES OF HIGHER EDUCATION
The more elaborate the “throne” prepared for the image of the Sacred Heart, and the greater the love put into preparing it, the more honor is given to Jesus, and the greater the impression given to the students.
- CLASSROOM ENTHRONEMENT: The images to be enthroned in the individual classrooms are taken in procession to the classrooms and placed on the altars prepared for them beforehand.
- TEACHER: The teacher proclaims: “Jesus, we enthrone you in our classroom. May your love fill the room and our hearts.”
- Now follows a moment of silence for each one present to say his/her own special message to Jesus and Mary. The teacher may also with to include any form of prayer which has been used in the class, i.e. spontaneous petitions, or whatever will be familiar to the students that will lend to the solemnity of the ceremony.
- The teacher then leads the class as they slowly, solemnly recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be.
Then pray the following:
ALL: Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, we love you.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, your kingdom come.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
- Conclude the individual classroom enthronement ceremony by singing one or two appropriate songs.
- CELEBRATION: To celebrate this happy occasion, refreshments may be served to the students, staff and other parties present.